023 Global Korea Scholarship
(Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students for Graduate Degrees)
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is pleased to announce that the schedule of the application for the 2023 Global Korea Scholarship (Graduate Degrees) is from February 10, 2023 to February 28, 2023.
The Korean government scholarship program will provide 1,300 students from 139 regions with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for graduate-level degrees, doctoral-level degrees, and research programs to promote international exchange in education and deepen mutual friendship among countries.
Fourteen (14) students will be chosen from the Philippines (Embassy Track) to complete the graduate program in prestigious Korean universities.
The scholarship covers round trip airfare tickets, monthly stipend, tuition fees, settlement allowance, Scholarship Completion Grants, Korean language training expenses, and medical insurance.
Number of expected grantees
General Applicants from the Philippines: 14
· Master’s Degree Program: 3 years (1 year of Korean language program + 2 years of degree program)
· Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years (1 year of Korean language training + 3 years of degree program)
February 10, 2023 to February 28, 2023 (no later than 4:00 pm)
Place of Submission:
c/o GKS In-charge
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
122 Upper McKinley Road,
McKinley Town Center,
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1634
*Other consular offices do not receive applications
· Documents will be accepted through mail courier services (i.e. LBC, DHL, JRS, etc.)
· If you will be sending via same day courier (Grab/Lalamove/etc.) please input the following details:
Recipient’s name: GKS In-charge
Contact number: (02) 8856-9210
IMPORTANT FOR GRAB/LALAMOVE DELIVERY: Please note to the rider that there is NO NEED TO CALL the number given, and to leave the documents with the embassy guards upon arrival.
o You may drop off your own documents at the Embassy gate and guards. No applicants are allowed to enter the Embassy.
· Kindly label your applications with your names and "GKS Application" for the reference of our Embassy guards.
· The Embassy is not liable for any loss of document/s that is caused by same-day delivery riders or mail couriers.
o Applications sent through email or facsimile are not allowed.
· Applicants must submit a total of two envelopes only (One (1) envelope for the original documents and one (1) envelope for the three (3) photocopied sets)
· The recommendation letter must be sealed and signed by the recommender (only ONE recommendation letter is required)
· All documents must be A4 sized (please see guidelines for documents not in A4 size)
· Applicants must submit an official bachelor’s degree graduation certificate (or Diploma), and this document must include the date of your graduation.
o The graduation date must be prior to February 28, 2023
o Provisional graduation certificate (certificate of expected graduation) or provisional degree certificate will not be accepted as a graduation certificate
· All submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
· Please read the 2023 GKS-G Guidelines and FAQs carefully and follow all of the given instructions
· All applicant original documents must be presented in their original forms and apostilled. For applicants whose certificate (e.g. diploma) is issued only once and cannot be reissued in the future, we strongly recommend those applicants to get an apostille on a certified true copy of the certificate and keep the original certificate.
· Embassy Track applicants must submit ONE (1) set of original application forms and THREE (3) sets of photocopied application forms
· Application documents must be submitted in the order of the checklist (‘Application Checklist’) on the first page of the application forms. Each required document must be numbered and labeled on the top right corner. (ex. 9. Proof of Citizenship)
· All documents should be submitted as A4 sized documents. (210 x 297 millimeters or 8 ¼ x 11 ¾ inches)
· Mode of interview will be announced in due course.
o Please take note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified with the interview schedule.
· For general inquiries about the GKS program and requirements, please send an email to email@example.com ;
For submission and logistical concerns (i.e. courier, address, etc.), please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org